Vegan green tea cheesecake, rich with cashews, avocado and coconut milk in a date, walnut and hemp seed crust for the best frozen healthy dessert.
Healthiest Vegan Cheesecake
How would you feel about having a dessert that is loaded with healthy ingredients?
Vegan Green Tea Cheesecake is just the dessert to satisfy, and as my vegan daughter says, ‘it’s almost like eating a salad’!
It’s abundant with nuts and fruit, spices and flavor, and the best healthy fats one can eat.
Once assembled, it keeps beautifully in the freezer, and takes only minutes to soften enough to eat, and you don’t have to be vegan to love it!
Why Green Tea?
Color- Antioxidants – Flavor – Buzz! How about those for starters!
Why Avocado In My Cheesecake?
Back in 2007, I went to live in Brazil for an empty nester adventure.
I couldn’t believe they never ate avocados with lime, garlic, and cilantro; but rather pureed with sweetened condensed milk, as desserts.
Well, it finally caught on here in America and am I glad it did!
The healthy fat of the avocado eliminates the need for butter or cream, and in a vegan diet or lactose intolerant diet, that’s important.
But truth be known, you don’t have to be vegan to take one bite and swear this is the best creamy, flavor filled cheesecake you ever ate!
Individual Cheesecake Pans
Since this green tea cheesecake is going to chill out in the freezer, I wanted to prepare them in individual tart-like pans.
I wanted something with a removable bottom and the right portion for an individual, easy to remove and eat just one at a time.
Mason jar lids are my go-to tart pans for sweet or savory individual portions.
The lids are designed to withstand the heat for canning, so the heat of the oven or the chill of the freezer is no problem for these lids.
The dimensions and the height are the perfect individual size, and the fact that the bottoms can be removed makes these perfect for this cheesecake!
- Hemp Seed
- Coconut cream
- Lemon juice
- Agave, maple or hone for sweetening
- Coconut sugar
- Matcha Powder
- Food processor
- Removable bottom tart pans or Mason Jar lids
- Measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing bowl
Other Great Vegan Desserts To Love
When a loved one has needed to adjust their diet for health reasons, or simply for mindful reasons, a mom gets busy creating as many delicious options for them.
- No-Bake Avocado Berry Vegan Cheesecake – with blackberries or blueberries, date and nut crust, sweetened with honey or agave, beautifully layered.
- Dairy-free S’mores Ice Cream – with chocolate and graham cracker rimmed glasses, and a fire-up marshmallow on top!
- Vegan Frozen Strawberry Pie – is for those of us in want of healthy fruits and nuts, a hint of sweetness, frozen into a creamy vegan dessert!
VEGAN GREEN TEA CHEESECAKE
- 6 individual removable bottom tart pans or wide-mouth mason jar lids
- Food processor or blender
- 1 cup Pitted Dates rough chopped
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups Raw Cashews *see notes
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Cream about 1 can
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup, Maple Syrup or Honey honey is not for all vegans
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- Chocolate – 1 oz square (optional)
- Crust – Put all of the crust ingredients in a processor and grind to a chunky paste. Divide crust-paste among the dishes or pans being used and stored in the freezer. Press firmly on bottom, and about a half inch up the sides. Place in fridge to firm while working on filling.
- Filling Ingredients – In a food processor, along with the pureed (pre-soaked), cashews, add the remaining filling ingredients. Puree until creamy.
- Divide among the prepared crust tarts. Smooth and freeze covered, until ready to serve. (Over night is best).
- Drizzle – Melt the chocolate, cool slightly and with a fork, drizzle across the tops of the frozen tarts, place back in the freezer for 5-minutes. Remove from the tart pans and serve.
- Keeps for several months in an airtight container in the freezer.