Mediterranean Beet Hummus Deviled Eggs Recipe with beets, tahini and yogurt, for a prettier, healthier version of deviled eggs!
Best Deviled Egg Recipe
Typically, deviled eggs are made with hard boiled eggs, dijon mustard and mayo.
What will make this deviled egg recipe healthier and prettier, is beet hummus.
I devised this recipe from the abundant harvest of homegrown earthy beets I had one year.
The nutrients of this deviled egg recipe are off the charts!
What Makes These Deviled Eggs Healthier?
I have had great success growing beets in a small area.
Making deviled eggs with nutrient rich beets, tahini and Greek yogurt makes for a healthier, prettier deviled egg.
How To Make Mediterranean Beet Deviled Eggs
This easy recipe can be made in under 30-minutes.
We simply need a cooked peeled beet, a few boiled eggs my secret ingredient, from my Mediterranean hummus.
Once the beet hummus is made and piped into the center of each egg, beautiful and healthy deviled eggs are ready to serve.
Want More Color?
Want more variations of added color?
Not that they need it, but ry a scoop of pureed avocado, shaved red onion or black sesame seeds.
Serve at your Easter brunch, next party or summer barbecues for an addition to delicious sides.
More Salads Like These?
You bet! How would you like an Avocado Crab Tower with Mango Salsa?
Or, Beet and Endive Salad with Fig Dressing, a stunning salad I made on The Great American Recipe on PBS,
- Olive oil
- Black sesame seeds – optional
- Medium saucepan
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Food processor or stand up mixer
- Pastry bag with a large star fitted tip
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Garlic press
- Citrus press
- Stovetop or burner
Mediterranean Beet Hummus Deviled Eggs RecipeCourse: Eggs
A healthy deviled egg with beets, tahini, Greek yogurt and other Mediterranean flavors.
Eggs – 6
Beets – 1 cup, 1 medium red beet
Tahini – 1 tbsp
Greek yogurt or soft goat cheese – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 2 cloves
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Sea salt – to taste
Fresh herbs, thyme or fresh dill, or black sesame seeds for garnish
- For perfect hard-boiled eggs, place eggs in a medium saucepan, on medium heat and boil for 6 minutes. Remove the boiled eggs and place in a bowl of cold water, until cool. For easy peeling, drop a few ice cubes in the water.
Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and cut the long side of each egg, pop the yolks, from 3 eggs, into a small bowl, and set the egg halves onto a small sheet pan for preparation.
- For the best results in preparing the beet(s), wrap in 2 paper towels, microwave on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until a knife enters the beet easily. Cool. Peel the cooked beet and transfer to a food processor or bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add to the beet mixture, 3 of the cooked egg yolks, tahini, yogurt, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Puree until the mixture is creamy.
- Transfer the beet mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip, for piping, and pipe the mixture into the center of the cooked egg whites.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with either a sprig of thyme, fresh dill, black sesame seeds or black pepper.
Love that these use yogurt – great way to lighten it up!
love the colors, great idea
Thank you Paula!!