Homemade Dairy-free S’mores Ice Cream Dessert, the FUN summertime dessert with chocolate and graham cracker rimmed glasses, and a fired-up marshmallow on top!
“The Better Way to enjoy a wondrous bite of a ‘grown-up’ dessert, in the form of a boozy ice cream treat!
Imagine the delicious fun of a tea-candle melted marshmallow favorite campfire treat.
In addition, a healthy dairy-free frozen coconut cream, the rich taste of chocolate and graham cracker rimmed glasses and a splash of Marshmallow flavored vodka!”
Summertime Screams For America’s Favorite FUN Campfire Treat!
What’s not to love about a decadent cold dessert on hot summer nights, especially if a marshmallow-flavored ice cream is flavored with a marshmallow vodka!
Who cares if the artificial flavors of a marshmallow infused vodka elevates this dessert to an adult treat.
Leave out the booze, and you’ve got ‘summer hot days’ fun treat for the kids!
A Plant-based Frozen Dessert
If you’re looking for your ice cream to be made with a dairy free milk, you have options.
The smooth creaminess of oatmilk makes for a delicious alternative, if milk from tree nuts, is not your choice.
If dairy free is not your concern, I would still not recommend making ice cream with skim milk, unless you don’t mind a sorbet texture.
Is This Dairy-free S’mores Ice Cream Dessert A Vegan Ice Cream?
Because the ice cream is made from an organic coconut milk or coconut cream, the ice cream is so rich that egg yolks aren’t needed.
So yes, the ice cream is vegan.
As for the rim and trim on this fun dessert, simply purchase vegan graham crackers to use as the graham cracker crumbs that trim the bowl.
Rim And Trim – A Fun Fire Indoors Or Out
While I’ve designed this fun S’mores ice cream dessert to have the crushed graham crackers and chocolate rim the glass or bowl, we have options.
The graham crackers can be crushed and swirled throughout the ice cream for a graham cracker ice cream, with a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.
There will be plenty toasted marshmallow flavor in the charred marshmallows, that are skewered across the top!
And no, you don’t need to start a fire to melt the marshmallows, simply hold them over a tea candle.
Tea candles are a fun and safe way to melt and char the marshmallows quickly.
After-all, isn’t that one of the best parts about a S’mores!
Let’s Talk Ice Cream
Why Would You NOT Want Natural Flavor In Your Ice Cream!
Let’s be clear about one thing; when I was growing up, grocery stores sold ice cream with 3-ingredients; cream, sugar and flavor.
Now, take a look at the ingredients in your store bought ice cream, and don’t forget your dictionary!
Starting with a list of artificial preservatives and thickeners; locust bean gum, guar gum, xanthan gum and who knows what else.
What the heck are these ingredients anyway and do I want them in my tummy?
Although many of these ridiculously processed thickeners originated for a natural source, like carob or seaweed, i am not interested in ‘processed’ ingredients when they don’t have to be.
Let’s Talk Corn By-Products Often In Ice Cream Sweetness
Certainly, I am no chemist and have no idea how corn syrup or corn starch is made from corn.
The corn I know, has nothing about it that is syrupy, unless you boil its natural juices in ‘processed cane sugar’!
I know this, because I made the best dang Corn Ice Cream, from fresh farmers market corn and the essence of corn is milky, not syrupy.
Stay away from false representation of food ingredients, whenever possible and that goes for palm oil and soybean oil.
Trust me, I lived in Brazil for several years and those two types of oil are big money makers, and not healthy by products of their source!
Homemade Ice Cream Is The Easiest Dessert To Make – Just Buy An Ice Cream Machine!
For under a hundred dollars, you can take just about anything in your kitchen (well, except the sink), puree it and put it in an ice cream maker.
I’ve had the same ice cream maker for over ten years.
Simply keep the insert, of the machine, in the freezer, and in 20-minutes the machine churns into ice cream, perfectly.
FYI, this one is the ice cream machine I’ve had for 10 years, and going strong!
For The Taste And Texture Of Traditional Ice Cream
“But, so delicious dairy, was the ice cream many of us grew up eating, you say? Now my tummy won’t allow it!”
No worries, using full fat coconut milk, that is thick and luscious from organic coconut oil, will make you swear you are having that ice cream from your childhood!
No Dairy Needed
It’s not necessary to use heavy cream to make creamy ice cream recipes.
With so many plant-based ingredients, loaded with natural oils, the ice cream we can make is actually better than store bought.
If you really want a quickie delicious dairy free ice cream, simply puree bananas with your favorite milk and you’ve got ‘nice cream’!
If You Love This Fun Summertime Treat Then You Will Love These!
Let’s face it, S’mores is just plain fun for adults and kids alike.
So, I took this dessert recipe and created an ‘all out’ adult cocktail, using many of the same ingredients.
A S’mores Vodka Martini is equally fun!
Here are just a few of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes.
Once the batter is made, the ice cream is churned and ready to eat in about 20-minutes.
- Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream – perfectly dairy free.
- Corn Ice Cream – absolutely the best ice cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream – must have
- Strawberry Rhubarb – for the British hub
Last, but not least, is my newly created S’mores Muffins.
One of 52 unusual muffins from my cookbook My Muffin Madness!
- Coconut milk
- Marshmallow vodka
- Simple syrup – sugar and water
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate squares
- Ice cream maker
- Shot glass
- Skewer sticks
- Table top fire pit or fire from another fun source
- Ice cream scooper
- Sauce pan
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 2 Flat plates to rim glasses
- Ice cream cups or glasses – 4 – 6 ounces each
- Blender of food processor
- Fork – to drizzle chocolate
- Muffin tin – to set the ice cream scoops
- Muffin papers – optional
Dairy-free S’mores Ice Cream
- Ice cream machine
- Small saucepan to melt chocolate
- 4 Wooden skewers
- 3 cups Coconut cream or canned coconut milk
- 2 shots Marshmallow Vodka 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Graham cracker pieces crushed
- 1/3 cup Chocolate pieces melted
- 8 Marshmallows large
- In a small saucepan, boil the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves and the mixture clings to the back of a spoon. Cool.
- In a blender, place the coconut milk, vodka and cooled simple syrup sugar mixture and blend until pureed.
- Transfer to the ice cream machine and process until churned into ice cream, about 20-minutes.
- While ice cream is churning, place the crushed graham crackers in one flat plate and melted chocolate in another. Rim the bowls, or glasses with chocolate first, then the graham crackers, set aside. This can be done in advance. Save the remaining chocolate for drizzle.
- When the ice cream has churned and is thick, prepare scoops of ice cream, by placing one scoop each in a paper lined muffin tin. Pop in the freezer for about 30-minutes. If not serving at this time, transfer the scoops into an airtight container and keep in the freezer. This makes serving the ice cream so much easier after it has frozen.
- When ready to serve, place 2 marshmallows per skewer, roast the marshmallows, have the remaining melted chocolate ready in a small cup. Place a scoop in each prepared rimmed cups, drizzle with more chocolate and place a fired-up marshmallow on top of each one.