Vegan green tea cheese cake rich with cashew, avocado and coconut milk cheese cake in a date, walnut and hemp seed crust for the best frozen dessert almost to healthy to be dessert.
Vegan Cheese Cake
How would you feel about having a dessert that is loaded with healthy ingredients? Vegan Green Tea Cheese Cake is just the dessert to satisfy!
It’s abundant with nuts and fruit, spices and flavor. Once assembled, it keeps beautifully in the freezer, and takes only minutes to soften enough to eat, and you don’t have to be vegan to love it!
Why Green Tea?
Color! Antioxidants! Flavor! Buzz! How about those for starters! While the avocado brings the creamy fat to the cashew cheese and the gently color, green tea with a few exotic spices just bring everything!
Why Avocado In My Cheese Cake?
Back in 2007 I went to live in Brazil for an empty nester adventure. I couldn’t believe they never ate avocados with lime, garlic, and cilantro; but rather pureed with sweetened condensed milk, as desserts.
Well, it finally caught on here in America and am I glad it did! The healthy fat of the avocado eliminates the need for butter or cream. In a vegan diet that’s important.
But truth be known, you don’t have to be vegan to take one bite and swear this is the best creamy, flavor filled cheese cake you ever ate!
Individual Cheese Cake Pans
Since this green tea cheese cakes chill out in the freezer, I wanted to prepare them in individual tart-like pans. I wanted something with a removable bottom and the right portion for an individual.
Mason jar lids are my go-to tart pans for sweet or savory individual portions. The lids are designed to withstand the heat for canning, so the heat of the oven or the chill of the freezer is no problem for these lids.
The dimensions and the height are the perfect individual size and the fact that the bottoms can be removed and not pay ten bucks each for a tart pan, makes these perfect for this cheese cake!
- Hemp Seed
- Coconut cream
- Lemon juice
- Agave, maple or hone for sweetening
- Coconut sugar
- Matcha Powder
- Food processor
- Removable bottom tart pans or Mason Jar lids
- Measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing bowl
VEGAN GREEN TEA CHEESE CAKECourse: DessertCuisine: Vegan
Vegan green tea cheese cake rich with cashew, avocado and coconut milk cheese cake in a date, walnut and hemp seed crust for the best frozen dessert.
Dates – 1 cup pitted and chopped
Walnuts – 1 cup
Hemp – ¼ cup
Cinnamon – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
*Cashews – 2 cups, cashews need to be prepped 1-hour before. See notes below.
Avocado – 1, ripe
Coconut Cream – 1 ½ cups (about one can)
Lemon Juice – ¼ cup
Agave Syrup, Maple Syrup or Honey – 2 tbsp (honey is not for all vegans)
Coconut Sugar – 1/2 cup, or any sugar
Hemp Seeds – ½ cup
Matcha Powder – 2 tsp
Cardamom – ½ tsp
Ginger – ½ tsp
Chocolate – 1 oz square (optional)
- Crust – Put all of the crust ingredients in a processor and grind to a chunky paste. Divide crust-paste among the dishes or pans. Press firmly on bottom, and about a half inch up the sides. Place in fridge to firm while working on filling.
- Filling Ingredients – In a food processor, along with the pureed (pre-soaked), cashews, add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate). Puree until creamy.
- Divide among the prepared crust tarts. Smooth and freeze until ready to serve. (Over night is best).
- Melt the chocolate, cool slightly and with a fork, drizzle across the tops of the frozen tarts, place back in the freezer for 10-minutes. Remove from the tart pans and serve.
- Notes *Cashews need to soak, just barely covered in water for 1-hour, drained and pureed in a food processor. This process is how cashew cheese is made. They are then ready to mix with the other filling ingredients.
- Keeps for several months in an airtight container in the freezer.