Wholesome Cashew Muffins are Everything Free, with natural plant based milk, nut flour, molasses and monk fruit or stevia and warm spices.
Muffins – Everything Free
Breakfast on the go, or a leisurely breakfast at home should always have something healthy, delicious, and ready!
See… Everything Free!
Muffins are a way of baking lots of nutrient rich ingredients into a pretty little bundle that is always ready to-go.
Certainly always ready for a girlie table setting for one, and a quiet nibble with coffee or tea and a good book.
Welcome To Muffin Madness!
In my family, I have always been known as the muffin queen, simply because over the years I have created about 25 different muffin recipes, and still creating!
As a single mom of 4, during those insanely disjointed, hectic years of age 6 to 16, with school, hobbies, work and hormones, I needed a friend!
Muffins became my antidote to madness. My friend. How? I needed a quick, healthy and affordable breakfast, a to-go snack and I needed the kids to be able to help make them.
And so… as I share my beloved muffin recipes with YOU, one by one, for your weekend treats, or a batch to carry you through the busy week ahead, I hope you will let me know which ones have been your favorite from my collection of now 52!
We all know there’s lots of muffin recipes floating around loaded with lots of ‘unwholesome’ ingredients, but dang they taste good, naughty good!
I made a dare, to myself, to come up with a ‘wholesome’ muffin recipe that tasted as good as the naughty muffins but would shine as the winner.
Therefore, these shine, because they were free… guilt free, gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free.
Ground cashews, whole grain oats or ancient grain mix, cashew milk, a drizzle of molasses (because it’s loaded with calcium and iron), and a pinch of monk fruit sweetener, accompanied by a few warm spices.
Other Wholesome Sort Of Everything Free Muffins!
While creating each and every recipe for my new cookbook, I found myself sticking closely to an important theme throughout most of my cooking; Healthy.
For this reason, there are a few more health conscience muffins you might like, or simple get my cookbook!
- Healthy Gluten-free Power Energy Muffins – Gluten-free, dairy free, oat and nut flour, sweetened with dates and chocolate chips for an energy power muffin to-go or with afternoon tea.
- Healthy Overnight Oat Muffins – Ginger for your tummy, molasses for your bones, oats for just about everything and cardamom, the ancient Mediterranean spice and best friend to your cholesterol, that flavors these muffins.
Protein Rich Cashews
The cashew seed is rich in protein and fiber but also several minerals perfect for bone health as well as immune boost properties.
The cashew and the milk made from cashews are perfect for all the ‘good stuff’ ingredients we want in healthy meals; which is why cashews are the star in my Brazilian Smoothie Bowls!
Consequently, one of the best plant cheeses you will ever have is Cashew Cheese easily made at home.
Make a batch on a quiet afternoon or evening, and they will keep all week in the fridge or even freeze for another time.
Take a little time each day to sip on a cup of tea and enjoy these wholesome muffins with a favorite magazine or a good book, put the phone down.
Carve out at least 30-minutes each day just for yourself, gather your thoughts, breathe, sip and munch on wholesome treats.
You will be surprised just how rejuvenated you will feel to tackle the rest of the day.
- Oatmeal or Ancient Grain Mix
- Gluten-free flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cashew milk
- Sunflower oil
- Monk fruit sweetener or stevia
- Muffin tins – these silicone muffin pans are my favorite, no non-stick spray is needed and nothing sticks, however be sure to set on a cookie sheet for easy transfer in and out of oven.
- Baking cup papers
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Ice cream scooper
My Muffin Madness Cookbook
Now that I’ve got you thinking outside the box about muffins, are you ready to try other creative and delicious muffin recipes you won’t find anywhere else?
Hot off the press this year: My Muffin Madness Cookbook!
Wholesome Cashew Muffins – Everything Free
- Muffin tin
- Food processor or blender to grind oats and nuts to a flour
- 3/4 cup Cashews crushed to a flour
- 3/4 cup Oatmeal or Ancient grain mix crushed to a flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Mace or nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt – ½ tsp
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Cashew milk or oat milk
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener or pinch of stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare baking papers in muffin tins or spray a non-stick in the muffin tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter equally, with an ice cream scooper, or round spoon, into paper lined muffin tins, or a little non-stick spray muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until done.