Summertime Watermelon Popsicles are the best 2-ingredient popsicles to remain hydrated in summer’s heat; watermelon and honey!
I am always thrilled when watermelon fields of summertime are ready for picking because these 2-ingredient popsicles will get tucked into my freezer for summer and winter!
Can you think of a more refreshing fruit in summer than watermelon? Sweet, juicy, loaded with vitamins.
When in need of a thirst quencher on a hot summer day, watermelon is the perfect hydration for it. Wouldn’t you agree?
Summertime brings to mind a few things we long for, while in the dead of winter.
While strawberries are the first fruits to welcome springtime, watermelon is the last fruit to close out the lazy days of summer.
Salads in the summer are one of the easiest ways to enjoy garden or farmer’s market produce. A savory Watermelon Salad is one you will love with anything else you are serving, especially alongside grilled dishes.
Summertime Watermelon Popsicles
No-one loves popsicles more than kids, unless it’s me! I always keep popsicles tucked away in my freezer.
They are my favorite frozen dessert in summer. Throughout winter’s cold and flu season, they remain my greatest comfort.
My grandchildren love my watermelon popsicles and they are so easy to make, needing only 2-ingredients.
The high content of water in watermelon, nearly 92%, makes this fruit the most sensible way to hydrate on sultry summer days.
Watermelon Health Benefits
For the health of it, keep summertime watermelon frozen for wintertime cold, flu and other unkind germs.
It doesn’t get any better than this juicy fruit to relieve throat and coughing discomfort. The antioxidants, to support the immune system, are a delicious way to avoid illness.
How To Make Summertime Watermelon Popsicles
- First, pick a really ripe watermelon from a farmer’s market or grocery store. Tap the watermelon for a deep hollow sound.
- Second, cut the fruit from the rind. Many cultures will pickle the rinds. Pick seeds out, if any, before crushing the fruit.
- Third, place the chopped watermelon and a drizzle of honey into a food processor or blender. Puree.
- Last, transfer the watermelon puree into popsicle molds, or disposable cups, sticks in, and freeze.
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Food processor or blender
- Popsicle mold or disposable cups
- Popsicle sticks
- Honey – other sweeteners can be used
Summertime Watermelon PopsiclesCourse: Health Hacks, Ice CreamCuisine: HealthyDifficulty: Easy
2-ingredients watermelon popsicles of fresh watermelon and honey, for a healthy summertime treat.
Watermelon, 4 cups, rough chopped
Honey – 1 tbsp
- Puree the watermelon and honey until smooth. A few small chunks left in are also nice.
- Transfer to popsicle molds or cups. Place sticks in. Freeze for at least 4 hours or over night. Remove and repackage individually or in a large zip baggy.
- Agave, Maple syrup, stevia or Monkfruit sweetener can be used.