Quick White Bean Chicken Soup is a hearty quick white bean soup repurposing leftover chicken and can be on the table in under 20-minutes.
Quick White Bean Chicken Soup with Leftover Chicken
Cold, Rainy, Winter Evenings SCREAM for hot & hearty soup and some homemade bread! Wouldn’t you agree?
Why do you suppose it is, that hot soup seems to comfort, when weather conditions are dreary or you feel dreary? There are both chemical and practical reasons, which is why I always keep Bone Broth, homemade of course, portioned out in small containers, and in the freezer.
With bone broth tucked away in the freezer, a soup using leftovers in the fridge can come together in minutes.
- It’s a fast easy way to make dinner during the short days of winter. Simply warm up the broth you have stored in your freezer and empty out the fridge into the pot and let it cook!
- That homemade Bone Broth? There-in lies many health benefits hidden in that luscious gelatinous blob of juice that changes from a liquid to almost a solid when it chills or is frozen. Gelatinous? Well, my sweets, that is health, and beauty Gold! Loaded with collagen (skin, nails and hair magic). Calcium, glucosamine, potassium are all extracted from the bones of animals and fish, when broth is made at home.
- It’s warmmmmm on those cold and damp evenings, giving your body a warm blanket from within.
- Don’t feel left out my dear sweet vegans, homemade bean soup packs a powerful punch in the health department too. Loaded with fiber, antioxidant and protein, you can’t go wrong with a hearty, vegetable ladened soup!
White Bean Soup
This White Bean & Chicken Soup covers all the bases and benefits you are looking for, but by all means, leave out whatever you prefer not to eat and still enjoy the comfort of this delicious soup.
White beans have a delicate flavor and soft texture and lend themselves to poultry or simply a heap of vegetables in a luscious soup broth.
Beans can be soaked overnight, simmered for about 45-minutes to make them soft enough to add to the soup recipe here, or simply open a few cans of store bought white beans and soup is ready in minutes.
White Bean Chicken Soup or Black Bean
I suppose you could say that we now live in a world with too many choices, if that’s possible. Some like it hot while others prefer it cold; both climate and food.
And while life can’t always be black or white, soup can! For a ‘game-day’ gathering, I decided to make a pot of hot soup for a cold day. White bean chicken soup or black bean soup with spicy chilies?
I made both and I’m telling you, all the soup was eaten but some people particularly wanted the spicy black soup while others only wanted the chicken white bean soup. Choices!
Of course I had to have bread too, so why not make the bread black and white too! LOL! The Black Olive Bread went fabulous with both of the soups.
Bread and Quick Soup
Bread? Oh honey, what is a bowl of hearty soup without a decadent loaf of crusty, homemade (preferably), bread!
Since the white bean chicken soup was quick to put together, it gave me extra time to make a homemade bread.
My recipe for Homemade Bread, just a plain yet hearty white bread, was the perfect bread to serve with the white bean chicken soup.
- Broth – Homemade bone broth or store bought chicken broth
- White beans
- Leftover chicken or already cooked chicken
- Greens – Spinach, Brussels sprouts or kale
- Fresh herbs – your choice
- Olive oil
- Medium soup pot
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Stovetop or burner
Quick White Bean Chicken SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
With a little leftover chicken this hearty, quick white bean and chicken soup comes together fast.
Broth – 4 cups, either Homemade bone broth or store bought chicken broth
White beans – 2 cups
Chicken or turkey – 1 1/2 cups, already cooked
Greens – 1 cup, leftovers or kale or Brussels sprouts, chopped
Onions – 1 medium onion, cut into small pieces or a bundle of Spring Onions, chopped into small pieces
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped very fine
Fresh herbs – 1 sprig, rosemary, oregano, chives, thyme or any favorite
Celery – 2 large stalks, chopped into small pieces
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- In a medium size stock pot, heat the olive oil, add onions, garlic, and celery. Sauté until they become transparent.
- Add broth, beans, meat (if you are using meat), and bring to a simmer.
- Once everything has become sufficiently hot, add the greens of your choice and fresh herbs. Simmer another 10 minutes on low, and your quick, easy and healthy soup is ready!