Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is a vitamin rich pumpkin bread using almond flour instead of gluten flour and drizzled with stevia infused chocolate. This is a pumpkin lovers bread, Keto or not!
Easy Keto Pumpkin Bread
This gluten-free pumpkin bread is light, rich in flavor and incredibly moist. Made with almond flour and sweetened with stevia makes for a healthy breakfast or snack for the family.
You are going to love this recipe because it’s easy enough for a novice baker to make.
If stevia is not your preferred sweetener, simply swap one of your choice.
Turn the sweetness level up and it can be served for dessert!
A Drizzle Of Chocolate On Keto Bread
A scrumptious pumpkin bread recipe, with the warm spice mix of Autumn, probably doesn’t need chocolate.
Who are we kidding! A drizzle of chocolate is always welcome, especially when it is sweetened without processed sugar.
This added drizzle whisks easily with cacao, stevia and butter and firms beautifully when chilled.
The best part is that is fits right in with the Keto diet requirements!
Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread Variations
Yes, Yogurt and butter are used in this Keto recipe but both can easily be swapped with coconut yogurt and melted coconut oil.
Using yogurt in this recipe, with almond flour, makes for a very moist bread that lasts well in the fridge for a week.
Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
My daughter in law has been diligent all year about sticking to a Keto diet.
The arrival of autumn and her passion for ‘all things pumpkin’ worried her temptations.
Not to worry! “I will create for you a spectacular Keto pumpkin bread recipe and it will even have a ‘no sugar’ chocolate drizzle”!
This mama always wants her family happy and healthy!
How To Make Pumpkin Keto Bread
Many baking recipes can quickly become Keto, simply by making a few swaps in the ingredients.
First, blitzing oats or almonds into a flour are my first go-to swaps for processed white flour.
Like most quick bread recipes, there is simply the mixing of wet and dry ingredients together, then baking.
Generally eggs become part of the wet ingredients. However, to make this bread light as well as moist, I separate the eggs, whip the whites and add them at the end.
Non-Stick Baking Tip For Keto Baking
Keto flour, because of its more granular texture instead of gluten flour, can often stick to the baking pan.
The last thing we want is to lose one single delicious bite simple because part of our baked good is still in the pan.
A simple trick is to brush/spray the pan with your choice of oil or butter first.
Then cut a strip of parchment paper, just a band, so it hangs off the sides of the pan.
A little brush on the paper and pour in the batter.
Once the baked good is cool, simple lift up on the parchment handles you created and pull it out!
- Loaf pans or disposable loaf pans – perfect for gift giving!
- Parchment paper – just a strip
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric hand mixer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Microwave or stovetop – to melt butter
- Oven – for baking
- Butter – or coconut oil
- Stevia or preferred sweetener
- Yogurt – or dairy-free yogurt
- Almond flour
- Pumpkin Spice
- Baking powder
Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Butter – 6 oz, plus for greasing the pan
- Stevia – 20 drops
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Almond flour – 2 1/2 cups
- – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Drizzle – below
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Cacao – 2 tbsp
- Stevia – 5 drops
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Separate the eggs. Whip the egg whites and set them aside.
- Melt the butter. Brush some of the butter along the inside of a loaf pan, followed by a 4×12 inch strip of parchment paper, with edges hanging out for easy lift out. (See video above).
- Whisk the pumpkin, egg yolks, melted butter, stevia and yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the almond flour, spice, baking powder and salt until creamy. Fold in the whipped egg whites. Place the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until the center is firm to the touch, about 45-minutes. Cool.
- For the Drizzle, whisk the melted butter, cacao and stevia into a syrup, drizzle across the cooled bread. Allow to firm in the fridge about 10-minutes. Serve.