Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, a vitamin rich pumpkin bread with almond flour, pumpkin spice, and drizzled with stevia infused chocolate.
Easy Keto Pumpkin Bread
You are going to love this recipe because it’s easy enough for a novice baker to make.
If stevia is not your preferred sweetener, simply swap one of your choice.
Turn the sweetness level up and it can be served for dessert!
A Drizzle Of Chocolate On Keto Bread
A scrumptious pumpkin bread recipe, with the warm spice mix of Autumn, probably doesn’t need chocolate.
Who are we kidding! A drizzle of chocolate is always welcome, especially when it is sweetened without processed sugar.
This added drizzle whisks easily with cacao, stevia and butter and firms beautifully when chilled.
Using pure raw cacao for the drizzle assures that there is zero processed sugar in the powder, whereas cocoa often has already been sweetened with sugar.
The best part is that is fits right in with the Keto diet requirements!
Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread Variations
Yes, Yogurt and butter are used in this Keto recipe but both can easily be swapped with coconut yogurt and melted coconut oil.
Using yogurt in this recipe, with almond flour, makes for a very moist bread that lasts well in the fridge for a week.
Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
My daughter in law has been diligent all year about sticking to a Keto diet.
The arrival of autumn and her passion for ‘all things pumpkin’ worried her temptations.
Not to worry! “I will create for you a spectacular Keto pumpkin bread recipe and it will even have a ‘no sugar’ chocolate drizzle”!
This mama always wants her family happy and healthy!
How To Make Pumpkin Keto Bread
Many baking recipes can quickly become Keto, simply by making a few swaps in the ingredients.
First, blitz almonds into a flour, if you haven’t found almond flour in your grocery store.
Like most quick bread recipes, there is simply the mixing of wet and dry ingredients together, then baking.
Generally eggs become part of the wet ingredients. However, to make this bread light as well as moist, I separate the eggs, whip the whites and add them at the end.
Non-Stick Baking Tip For Keto Baking
Keto flour, because of its more granular texture instead of gluten flour, can often stick to the baking pan.
The last thing we want is to lose one single delicious bite simple because part of our baked good is still in the pan.
A simple trick is to brush/spray the pan with your choice of oil or butter first.
Then cut a strip of parchment paper, just a band, so it hangs off the sides of the pan.
A little brush on the paper and pour in the batter.
Once the baked good is cool, simple lift up on the parchment handles you created and pull it out!
- Loaf pans or disposable loaf pans – perfect for gift giving!
- Parchment paper – just a strip
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric hand mixer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Microwave or stovetop – to melt butter
- Oven – for baking
- Butter – or coconut oil
- Stevia or preferred sweetener
- Yogurt – or dairy-free yogurt
- Almond flour
- Pumpkin Spice
- Baking powder
Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 3 Large Eggs
- 6 oz Butter extra for greasing the pan
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia or the equivalent in powder
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin spice home blend
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Raw Cacao
- 5 drops Liquid Stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Bread Recipe
- Separate the eggs. Whip the egg whites and set them aside.
- Melt the butter. Brush some of the butter along the inside of a loaf pan, followed by a 4×12 inch strip of parchment paper, with edges hanging out for easy lift out. (See video above).
- Whisk the pumpkin, egg yolks, melted butter, stevia and yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the almond flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt until creamy. Fold in the whipped egg whites. Place the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until the center is firm to the touch, about 45-minutes. Cool.
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Melted the butter. Whisk in the cacao and stevia until it forms a syrup. Drizzle across the cooled bread. Allow to firm in the fridge about 10-minutes. Serve.