Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps is everyone’s favorite Greek salad, with herb simmered chicken chunks, served in a lettuce wrap.
Greek salads make for a hearty and healthy side to any grilled meal, whether meat, fish or burgers.
A homemade Lamb Kofta, slid off the stick and onto pita bread, would look naked without a good Mediterranean salad piled on top!
Greek Chicken Salad
When you think of chicken salad, what comes to mind? Please don’t say mayonnaise!
The chicken salads of the Mediterranean regions of the world do not have mayo in them.
They are healthy and fresh in flavor!
This chicken and Greek salad combo is soon to become your favorite summer meal.
Healthy Summer Salads
It is a quick an easy way to incorporate lots of healthy ingredients into a one bite wrap!
You can take a whole chicken and cook it for this recipe, as I have done in my Chicken 3 Ways, using some of the chicken for lettuce wraps.
Ever walk through the produce section of the market and see those plump lettuce heads bursting with multiple leaves and wonder what to do with them?
Lettuce wraps are a fabulous way to enjoy each and every leaf, without chopping them into pieces, never really showcasing their natural beauty.
They may look delicate but they hold up beautifully when filled with a mixture of complimentary ingredients.
Using a taco stand is an ideal way to serve the lettuce wraps so they hold their shape.
Making Chicken Lettuce Wraps
In this recipe, I have used the dark meat of a whole chicken, taken from my Chicken 3 Ways recipe.
You can also purchase any part of a chicken you prefer, bake it, or boil it for this recipe.
A leftover chicken, like when you make Chicken Soup, and have too much chicken for the soup!
Once the chicken has been cooked and cut into cubes, simply toss in the remaining Greek salad ingredients.
The Best Greek Lettuce Wrap Dressing
The dressing that compliments this recipe is simply a little plain Greek yogurt added to my favorite Lemon Salad Dressing and tossed lightly.
We don’t want to break apart the chicken or feta, so each shows individually inside the lettuce leaves.
- Cooked Chicken
- Lettuce leaves
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Oregano, dried and fresh
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Taco stand (optional) – my favorite below
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Salad spoon
Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Taco serving stand easy serving
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken leftover, store bought or simmered just for this
- 4 Lettuce leaves large Boston Bib
- 1 cup Cucumber cubed small
- 3 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Black Olives quartered
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano dried, fresh for garnish
- 2 tbsp Feta crumbled
- In a medium size bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and whisk well to emulsify.
- Add chicken, cucumber, olives and spices. Mix gently so that all ingredients are moist and chicken is not broken apart.
- Place filling in the lettuce leaves, taco style.
- Place feta across the top, and you are ready to serve.