S’mores Vodka Martini Recipe with graham cracker and chocolate rimmed glasses, marshmallow flavored vodka and a roasted marshmallow on top!
What The Heck Are S’mores?
My colonial ole British hubby looked at me and asked this question one hot July day.
My reply? “What planet are you from”!
Every American knows the smell of marshmallows both melting and burning over an outdoor fire.
We used to just eat them off the stick while they oozed of melted sugar.
Then, someone came along (probably the makers of graham crackers), and created this decadent dessert sandwich with graham crackers, chocolate somewhere in the mix and a melted marshmallow in the middle.
The real fun in writing this for you, was to discover where Marshmallows first came from!
S’mores Vodka Martini?
Absolutely! On a hot July day, while the grill is fired up for the evening or weekend meal, pop a few marshmallows on short sticks and whip up this refreshing martini.
When I saw a bottle of Marshmallow flavored vodka at the store, I knew that bottle was coming home with me and we’d marry it up in a blender with something creamy and lots of ice.
A rim of chocolate and crushed graham crackers around the glass.
An ice cold pour and a fiery marshmallow hissing as soon as it hits the cold.
This is exactly an exact depiction of a typical July’s heat and a cold refreshing sip.
Lots More S’mores Please!
How could you possibly stop with a sip of s’mores, when you could stretch these fabulous flavors above and beyond!
Now that I had flavored vodka in my possession, why not make S’mores Ice Cream too.
This ice cream is almost as decadent as this martini, just a little less vodka so it will freeze.
S’mores For The Winter Blues
Maybe you like winter, and that’s great, but I don’t!
If it weren’t for a wood burning fireplace in my home for the winter months, I’d probably move.
Fire provides an energy that is both physically warm and visual sensual, in that it makes us feel warm just looking at it.
So, while creating 52 Muffins for my whimsical cookbook, of course I had to create a whimsical S’mores Muffin as well!
This one, for sure, the kiddies can indulge in too.
How To Make S’mores Vodka Martini
The first ingredient we will want to scout out is a Marshmallow flavored vodka or Whipped Cream flavored vodka.
These flavored vodkas bring a fun addition to an otherwise tasteless (in my opinion), alcohol.
Step 1 – In a small saucepan, on top the stove, simmer a little water and equal amounts of sugar into a syrup. Takes about 5-minutes.
Step 2 – Melt the chocolate and place it in a wide bowl, so the glass can be rimmed with it. Crush the graham crackers and place those in a separate wide bowl to rim the chocolate dipped glass rim. Rim the glasses with chocolate first and then crushed graham crackers.
Step 3 – Place the vodka, simple syrup and ice in a blender and crush. Transfer to a cocktail shaker and keep in the fridge while preparing the marshmallows.
Step 4 – Place the marshmallows on skewer sticks, toast over fire. A tea candle works just a fast as any other fire source. Pour the martini in the prepared glasses and top with roasted marshmallow and serve.
For More Vodka Yummies From My Kitchen
The great thing about vodka in my kitchen, is that it adds a depth of flavor to recipes without stealing the show.
For the holidays, in the dead of winter, my Fudge Peppermint Chocolate Cake sings of holiday flavors!
For another sultry vodka sip, I created the ultimate martini for those rare Blue Moons that intensify the energy of a full moon and needed its own cocktail to celebrate it!
Call me whimsical but for sure when you taste any of these specially created recipes, you will call me deliciously brilliant!
- Graham crackers
- Vodka – preferably Marshmallow flavored
- Cream – coconut, almond or dairy
- Simple syrup – sugar and water
- 2 small flat plates
- 2 martini glasses – a traditional martini glass is 6-oz, which I have linked for you here
- Melting pot for chocolate and to melt the simple syrup
- Small skewer sticks
- Shot glass
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cocktail shaker – my favorite is below
S’MORES VODKA MARTINI
- Cocktail shaker
- 2 6-inch skewer sticks
- 2 6 oz Martini glasses
- 4 oz Chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup Graham crackers crushed, about 3
- 2 shots Vodka Marshmallow or Whipped Cream flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup Cream or coconut
- 1 tbsp Simple syrup 2 tsp each sugar and water, simmered to melt
- 4 Marshmallows medium size
- 1 cup Ice
- Place the crushed crackers in a flat dish and the melted chocolate in a separate flat dish. Rim the glasses with chocolate first and then graham crackers. Set aside.
- Have marshmallows ready on the sticks and fired up just before serving the drinks.
- Place the ice, simple syrup, cream and vodka into a blender. Crush, transfer to a cocktail shaker to keep cold, shake and pour into the glass. Top with a roasted marshmallow and serve.
- Marshmallows can be quickly roasted over a tea candle at the table or over the grill, torch, fireplace or anywhere you can roast them quickly. A gas stove works too!