Cranberry Pomegranate Martini, is a classic Shaken Not Stirred cocktail with vodka and a sprig of rosemary, to satisfy from Thanksgiving through Valentine day!
Holiday Martini Of Pomegranate And Cranberry
This keeper of a cocktail is my favorite cocktail to serve from Thanksgiving through Valentine Day.
Rosemary sprig with cranberries makes for a beautiful garnish and a scent with each sip that keeps you coming back for more.
Cranberry and Pomegranate
The ruby color of both cranberries and pomegranate make for a unique cocktail, rich in color and full of flavor.
Pomegranate is quite tart, even sometimes bitter so rather than use a simple syrup of boiled water and sugar, I make my own cranberry syrup by boiling cranberries, sugar and water.
The sweet yet brightness of the cranberry makes for a better simple syrup and adds another element of color to an already beautiful pomegranate martini.
If you are a lover of cranberries, you will enjoy a variety of cranberry recipes I created, one of them I deliciously made on The Great American Recipe, with PBS.
A Shaken Not Stirred Martini
Who made martini’s desirable?
We all know it was James Bond!
So many saucy photos emerged from the many 007 films.
I’m not sure why shaken is better than stirred, though the ice may have something to do with it, or is it simply because a pomegranate martini, shaken not stirred is just so 007!
Pomegranate Makes A Great Martini
If ever there was a fruit that lends itself to both sweet or savory uses, pomegranate is it.
It’s sweet and sour nature makes it a perfect juice to adjust it with just a tweak of sugar or salt.
Having grown up with Mediterranean flavors in my home, pomegranate often was used in the form of Pomegranate Molasses in various recipes.
Pomegranate Molasses Instead Of Simple Syrup
As an adult, I quickly learn how to make my own pomegranate molasses and use it in many of my recipes:
- Best Short Ribs Marinade – you will want this blend of pomegranate juice, Aleppo pepper, spices and red wine, for ‘Fall off the Bone’ tender ribs.
- Pomegranate Salad Dressing – Pomegranate Sumac Vinaigrette With Pom Molasses, a Mediterranean twist on sweet, sour, spicy tangy flavors that is great for salads or marinades.
- Pomegranate Roasted Goose – for a holiday plucked goose, marinated in pomegranate molasses, garlic, juniper berries, herbs and roasted to perfection. A Christmas Goose recipe Charles Dickens would envy!
- Persian Chicken Stew – is a flavor rich stew made with walnut and pomegranate sauce, often pumpkin with other exotic spices.
Describe A Cranberry Pomegranate Martini
In the unique glass, known as a martini glass, these bold flavors are poured.
The bowl of the martini glass may be dainty and small, which is why the flavors are not.
- A little sweet and sour addition to either a pomegranate flavored vodka, or a plain vodka
- A simple syrup made from Cranberry Compote
- Infuse that with spices
- You’ve got the makings for a great martini
Placing cranberries on a stick of rosemary for a garnish, makes for a very festive pomegranate martini, one I’m sure James Bond would be honored to drink.
- Pomegranate juice
- Cranberry juice
- Rosemary sprigs – for garnish
- Fresh cranberries – for garnish
- Martini Glasses – these glasses are also great to own for desserts too!
- Shot glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Citrus press
Cranberry Pomegranate Martini – Shaken Not Stirred
- Cocktail shaker
- 2 Martini Glasses
- 4 shots Vodka
- 1 shot Pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime juice
- 2 Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- 4 Fresh Cranberries 2 per garnish
- 1 1/2 cups Ice
- 2 tbsp Cranberry juice for simple syrup
- 1 tbsp Sugar for simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar in the cranberry juice and cool. Fill the shaker half full with ice. Add vodka, pomegranate juice and cranberry syrup (cranberry juice and sugar boiled until dissolved and cooled), and give a good shake.
- Fill the shaker half full with ice. Add vodka, pomegranate juice and cooled cranberry syrup and give a good shake.
- Pour into martini glasses, squeeze half a lime in each glass.
- For the garnish, simply stick the bottom end of a rosemary sprig through 2 cranberries and lay garnish across the drink.