Yep! Graham cracker and chocolate rimmed glasses, marshmallow flavored vodka ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate and of course a fired-up marshmallow on top!
What The Heck Are S’Mores?
My colonial ole British hubby looked at me and asked this question one hot July day. My reply? “What planet are you from”!
Every American knows the smell of marshmallows both melting and burning over an outdoor fire. We used to just eat them off the stick while they oozed of melted sugar.
Then, someone came along (probably the makers of graham crackers), and created this decadent dessert sandwich with graham crackers, chocolate somewhere in the mix and a melted marshmallow in the middle.
S’Mores Vodka Ice Cream?
Of course! When I saw a bottle of Marshmallow flavored vodka at the store, I knew that bottle was coming home with me and we’d marry up into some homemade ice cream.
Homemade ice cream is so easy to make and can be made into a gazillion flavors. Make life easy on yourself, throw-down and buy yourself an ice cream maker, they cost under a hundred bucks, like, way under.
Here are just a few of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes. Once the batter is made, the ice cream is churned and ready to eat in about 20-minutes.
- Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream – perfectly dairy free.
- Corn Ice Cream – absolutely the best ice cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream – must have
- Strawberry Rhubarb – for the British hub
- Coconut milk
- Marshmallow vodka
- Simple syrup – sugar and water
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate squares
- Ice cream maker
- Shot glass
- Skewer sticks
- Table top fire pit or fire from another fun source
- Ice cream scooper
- Sauce pan
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 2 Flat plates to rim glasses
- Ice cream cups or glasses – 4 – 6 ounces each
- Blender of food processor
- Fork – to drizzle chocolate
- Muffin tin – to set the ice cream scoops
- Muffin papers – optional
S’MORES VODKA ICE CREAMCourse: Ice CreamCuisine: American
Graham cracker and chocolate rimmed glasses, marshmallow flavored vodka ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate and of course a fired-up marshmallow on top!
Coconut milk – 2 cans, about 27 ounces
Marshmallow Vodka – 2 shots
Simple syrup – 2 tbsp, 1/2 cup sugar boiled with 1/4 cup water
Graham crackers – 3/4 cup, crushed
Chocolate – 3/4 cup, melted
Marshmallows – 8 large
- Place the coconut milk, vodka and simple syrup in a blender and puree. Transfer to the ice cream maker and process about 20-minutes.
- While ice cream is churning, place the crushed graham crackers in one flat plate and melted chocolate in another.
- Rim the bowls, or glasses with chocolate first, then the graham crackers, set aside. This can be done in advance too.
- Prep the scoops of ice cream for easy serving time, by placing a scoop in paper lined muffin tins.
- When ready to serve, roast the marshmallows, have the remaining melted chocolate ready in a small cup. Place a scoop in each prepared rimmed cups, drizzle with more chocolate and place a fired-up marshmallow on top of each one.