Tea Time Moments, a calming time to sip, nibble, reflect and visit, need these simple, almond and egg white, easy to make, guilt-free nibbles.
Simple Pleasures Of Tea Time
I’ve been writing. Two hours a day. I make myself stop the ‘busy’ of the day, make tea, a nibble, and go sit where I can hear birds, smell earth, and think.
These moments, very different from coffee moments, help me make order of my mind. I’m not sure why it works with tea and is different from coffee. Maybe you have an explanation?
While coffee, for me, is something I depend on to fuel me into action, tea is quite the opposite, no matter what type of tea.
Tea time, is a time I use to sit and gather my thoughts, visit with a friend, or simply regroup for the rest of the day.
Who doesn’t like something to nibble when sipping on tea! When planning ahead for a quiet tea alone, I will make these very simple, almost healthy tea time nibbles.
However, when with a friend or guest, I will often opt to make a special scone to share.
- Lemon Mint Scones – buttery rich yet brightened by the mint and lemon
- Blueberry Scones – loaded with fresh blueberries and a fragrant glaze
While other times, I will set aside a tea time moment and call it ‘lunch with friends’. For these times, I want something a little more substantial, yet dainty.
- Tea Biscuit Sandwiches – with buttery rich biscuits, layered with lots of goodies
- Paleo Tea Sandwiches – using grain-free flat bread or tortilla wrappers
Moments Of A Writer
I don’t consider myself a writer. Many of you have encouraged me to write the stories I may have whispered to you.
While I have tried several times throughout my life, I’ve never been able to push through. But, I have finally done it!
A book? Nope! I’m challenging all the visual storytelling abilities in my mind’s eye and writing (instead) a script for a television series.
It’s amazing how visualizing my stories, just as I would want to see them on film, just works for me. I am able to see it, hear it, smell it, taste it and feel it.
Nibbles For Tea Time
I am (always have been), a health conscious recipe creator. Since I would (humbly), consider myself a darn good cook, I have created a variety of recipes for the nibbles of tea time.
I wanted to share a quick, ‘healthyish’ cookie, I find perfect for tea time, though I will give you a few others you might like as well.
- Blueberry Scones
- Sage and Lemon Tea Cake
- Bourbon Chai Tea Latte Cocktail
- Paleo Tea Sandwiches
- Biscuits For Tea Sandwiches
The 3-ingredient cookies (plus spices), I’ve given you here, could be called an ugly macaron, but I enjoy them with little guilt. After all, they are mostly egg whites and almond flour with a pinch of sugar.
Tea Time Moments
- Egg whites – 3
- Cream of tarter – 1/8 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Almond flour – 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350
- Start to whip the egg whites. After a minute, add the cream of tarter and continue to whip.
- When egg whites start to look light, slowly pour in the sugar while whipping and continue to whip until they stick to the beater. Fold in the almond meal.
- On a parchment lined cooking sheet or silicone macaron sheet, place 12 dollops of batter on the sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. I love a crunchy cookie and these are just perfect for tea or dunking in coffee!