Oven Roasted, Cayenne pepper, Sweet Potato Fries with smokey, sweet, spicy crunch, will fast become your favorite healthy munchie.
Sweet Potato For Hair and Skin!
Where I live, in winter, it is mostly cold and grey days. I am a sun kinda gal.
I finally realized that my body was craving what it wasn’t getting enough of in winter, sun.
Foods that are orange in color, are rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that supports healthy skin, hair and vision.
Oh! maybe that’s why I’ve needed to see my eye doctor twice already this winter!
I am soooo getting lots of orange foods into my belly this winter, healthy orange foods, not fried, unhealthy orange stuff.
Sweet Potato Fries
Color, crunch, and spice. Sweet Potato Fries are often remembered for these attributes.
So why not make them for a side dish, a tapas plate of its own, or a replacement for popcorn when watching your favorite movie.
One cold winter evening, I served the hubby a plate of oven roasted sweet potato fries to munch on with our evening film. He looked at me like I was nuts.
“You loved that Sweet Potato Pie I made, you love salty nibbles during film time, I’m sure you will love these because they are both!” He did!
Cayenne and Sweet Potatoes
What a marriage the two are together and cayenne is another great source of antioxidants! Great for digestion too. Sweet and Heat!
The ingredients for making these roasted cayenne sweet potato fries is simple, sweet potatoes and cayenne.
A sprinkle of smoked salt (if possible), and a pinch of raw sugar, which just aids in bringing out the flavors of the sweet potatoes a bit more.
Oven Roasted Fries
I’ve been making oven roasted Rosemary Potato Fries for ever, simply because I don’t like to fry food in oil, but I love fries.
High heat in the oven, a drizzle of olive oil and potato fries are crunchy and not greasy.
The same applies for sweet potatoes:
- Slice them long and thin.
- Toss in a little cayenne and smoked salt.
- Roast these lovely potatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet, high heat until they are crunchy on the outside and still soft and sweet on the inside.
I love to serve these on a Tapas Spread because they are colorful, unexpected and an easy finger food for a gathering. Truth be told, they disappear first!
- Sweet Potatoes – Yams, Sweet Potatoes or Baby Sweet Potatoes
- Non-stick oil spray – or a brush of your preferred oil
- Salt – smoked salt is nice, but sea salt will be fine too
- Cayenne pepper
- Raw sugar
- Cutting board
- chopping knife
- Cookie sheet
- Metal spatula
Oven Roasted Cayenne Sweet Potato Fries
- Sheet pan
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes or 6 medium
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Salt preferably smoked salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Raw Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Slice the potatoes, length-wise, into half-inch slivers.
- Brush a baking sheet with a little oil.
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper onto the oiled pan. Single layer all the potatoes, and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper, and the sugar across the potatoes.
- Bake until golden and crunchy. 20 – 35 minutes.