Easy chocolate peppermint bark is for those of us that love last year’s peppermint candy canes, repurposed into an easy chocolate peppermint bark!
Easy Chocolate Candy Bark
You know who you are… the holidays arrive, we think we have plenty of time for great recipes, and suddenly ‘it’s here’!
Focus moves to dinner menus and my long awaited holiday chocolate peppermint bark is lurking in the wings of a short span of time.
Easy candy recipes are what I’m after, with Christmas only a few days away, and by golly, I’ve got one for us folks that love peppermint and chocolate together!
Last Year’s Peppermint Candy Canes Repurposed Into Bark
Can you believe I found an unopened box of ‘organic’ (lol), peppermint candy canes in my pantry from last Christmas?
I don’t know about you but I love mint; peppermint, anything mint and for sure I love mint and chocolate!
I found an unopened box of candy canes tucked beyond visible reach, in my pantry this December, and knew exactly what I wanted; Chocolate Peppermint Bark!
Chocolate And Peppermint – Totally Trending
Why is peppermint and chocolate a totally trending flavor? Sorry folks, but it’s not new (even though trending).
Chocolate is made from a rather bitter bean, that has been roasted and not sweet at all!
In order to smooth out, mellow the flavors of the bitter roasted cacao bean, it needs lots of help. Way more help than its cousin, the coffee bean.
Chocolate is made from the roasted bean, and then mellowed with sugar and lots of fats.
Peppermint is refreshing, clean and plant-like, in its flavor, therefore pairs well with the earthy, sometimes bitter flavor of chocolate.
Easy Peppermint Bark
Come on friends, we all love to eat the candy of the holidays, that we don’t eat all year long, am I right?
Easy holiday bark is exactly that; easy! Melt a pot of chocolate, white or cacao, toss whatever your hearts desire is into the melt; nuts, dried fruit or last year’s candy canes.
Pour it out onto a pan to cool, and in minutes you’ve got a totally new candy that YOU made!
2-Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Do you know how fast this bark is to make? Less than 30-minutes!
I don’t know about you, but since I waited until the week before Christmas to make the candy I wait all year for, I’m crazy busy with other recipes.
Absolutely, I was not going to finish out this week without the chocolate peppermint craving I wait all year to satisfy!
2-ingredients, a hammer, a melting pot, a fridge and I’ve got my favorite holiday treat, though truth be known… I’m not sharing my stash with the family!
How To Make Easy Chocolate Peppermint Bark
First you need to get ahold of some peppermint candy canes; of which you might have from last holiday season. If not, buy some!
Smash the heck out of these canes. Melt some dark chocolate. Add the smashed candy canes to the melted chocolate, and you’re almost done!
Pour that scrumptious, dark and candy-cane-speckled lava onto a flat pan, chill, break apart, and you’ve got the holiday flavors you crave; in 30-minutes!
- Plastic baggie
- Mallet or rolling pin
- Pan for melting chocolate or dish for the microwave
- Stove top for melting or micro-wave
- Parchment paper or silicone sheet
- Sheet pan
- Dark chocolate
- Candy canes
Easy Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint candy canes – 10
- Dark chocolate bar – 8 oz
- Place the hard candy canes inside of a baggie, and with a mallet or rolling pin, smash the candy canes, leaving some of them chunky for the topping.
- In a microwave bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stopping to stir until melted, about 90-seconds total, or melt on top of the stove.
- Pour the smashed candy canes (reserving 2 tablespoons for the top), into the melted chocolate, stir, and pour onto a parchment paper (or silicone), lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining chunks of candy cane on top.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-minutes, break into bark and store in the fridge until ready to serve.