Healthy and fast stir fry of shrimp and scallops in an Asian infused sauce with colorful veggies and a bit of heat.
Fast and Easy Stir Fry
What’s not to love about a healthy stir fry! With briny seafood, hot chili cashews, crispy vegetables, and juicy fruits, I’d say we have ourselves the perfect Colorful meal!
This dish is all about the color, health, and crunch. You can swap out any of the ingredients, because the basic sauce and flavors will go with what-ever you choose to use, or happen to have in your fridge.
Seafood Is The Perfect Stir Fry
Nearly every type of seafood cooks in minutes which makes it the perfect protein to stir fry. A stir fry pan or wok is intended to be searing hot to do just that; sear in the juices of the seafood and cook the inside quickly.
I chose shrimp and scallops for this stir fry but an fish filet will work, cut into chunks, as will clams or mussels once removed from their shell.
I grew up along the Chesapeake Bay of Maryland and seafood is just something we’ve always eaten. While a stir fry is a fast and easy dish to whip up in under 30-minutes, so is a luscious Oyster Chowder, so do take a look at that recipe too, if you are a seafood lover!
- Snow peas
- Mandarin oranges
- Thai hot chili cashews
- Teriyaki sauce
- Sesame oil
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Wok or large frying pan with a lid
- Metal spatula
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Stovetop or burner
SEAFOOD STIR FRYCourse: SeafoodCuisine: Asian FusionDifficulty: Easy
A healthy and fast stir fry of shrimp, scallops, colorful veggies and pineapple and spicy hot dusted cashew nuts.
Shrimp – 2 cups
Scallops – 2 cups
Snow peas – 2 cups, be certain to remove the strings
Carrots – 2 cups multi-colored, cut on the diagonal
Pineapples – 2 cups, cut into long diagonal shapes
Mandarin oranges – 1 cup
Thai Hot Chili Cashews – 1 cup, (spice your own if you can’t find these)
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Teriyaki sauce – ¼ cup
Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cooked Brown rice – 2 cups steamed and served on the side
- Pour the sesame sauce in a frying pan or wok. Toss in garlic and seafood. Stir quickly and cover for just a few seconds to infuse the flavor.
- Add carrots. Cover for just a few seconds and shake the pan a little. Add the remaining ingredients, (saving the steamed rice for plate-up time).
- Give a quick but gentle stir, and this dish is ready to serve in less than 10 minutes cooking time.
- This also makes for a great dish to prep ahead of time, simply by having all the ingredients cut and saved in separate containers. Cook time is fast!