Let’s Make Mocha Latte Popsicles because iced coffee, a milk of choice and chocolate simply scream ‘lazy days of summer’!
What Is A Mocha Latte?
A perfectly brewed cup of coffee.
Nutrient rich raw cacao.
Something to sweeten the pot.
And of course, a heavy dose of your favorite milk.
That is what a Mocha Latte is!
Our Love Affair With Coffee
Every afternoon, winter or summer, I seem to need that earthy, roasted, coffee bean scent wafting through my brain.
It’s a love affair, for sure.
For me, it’s more than the caffeine, more than the moment to stare off and just think.
How about you?
What is it about coffee that makes it an important sip in your day?
Summer Caffeine Boost
My favorite afternoon caffeine boost is a strong cup of coffee and a few moments to myself to regroup for what the day has in store for me.
However, a summertime afternoon boost needs caffeine and something to cool me off.
An iced mocha latte is something you can never go wrong with.
But, it takes time. Time to brew, cool, and get iced.
That’s when I decided to make a huge batch of Mocha Latte Popsicles, and have them waiting for me in the freezer!
More Coffee And Chocolate To Love
There isn’t a season or reason for coffee and chocolate.
It’s a ‘just because’ kind of love affair.
Holiday seasons roll around, we make coffee and chocolate desserts.
Wednesday, hump days, need coffee and chocolate.
For this reason, I make coffee and chocolate treats all year!
- Coffee Mocha Macarons – clouds of egg whites whipped with almond flour coffee and mocha filling that is simply divine.
- Coffee Chocolate Artsy Cookies – yes artsy, because I made coffee cookie dough and chocolate cookie dough and married them into a checkerboard pattern.
- Chestnut Coffee Tuscan Torta – a simple cake without icing, made with crushed chestnuts, cacao, coffee and laced with a little rum.
Popsicles For All Seasons And Reasons
Summertime brings to mind a few things we long for, while in the dead of winter.
Make Your Own Popsicles are right there at the top for me!
No-one loves popsicles more than kids, unless it’s me!
I always keep popsicles tucked away in my freezer for a hot summer day.
And yet, since health concerns have become more in our mind, I have immune boost popsicles in there too.
Mocha Latte Popsicles As An Adult Cocktail
Oh yes, sometimes we want a dessert and an adult sip all at the same time.
What a perfect dessert cocktail at the end of a long day, or a fun treat for an afternoon ladies luncheon!
Let’s Make These Mocha Latte Popsicles
First – we will need to make a nice strong pot of coffee from our favorite coffee bean or blend.
Second – whisk the cacao, milk of choice and sweetener of choice into the coffee while it is still warm. The sweetener and cacao will blend easier this way. Let this mixture cool completely. *If using dates for the sweetener, as I often do, puree 5 pitted dates in the blender with a little of the coffee, then pour this mixture back in with the remaining coffee mixture.
Third – pour the mocha latte mixture into the popsicle molds, top on, sticks in and freeze for at least 4-hours, though overnight works best.
Finally – remove the popsicles and store in an airtight container, back in the fridge. Now the mold is free to make a variety of other popsicles.
Let’s Love Some More Great Popsicles
With the passion for frozen popsicle treats that I have, for sure I’ve got more to share with you!
These are just a few, with more coming every summer, as inspirations ignite and I can steal more time in the kitchen to create, rather than here writing to you!
- Raspberry Tea Popsicles – from a delicious raspberry herbal tea.
- Garden Lavender and Blueberry Popsicles – fragrant and delicious, made with homemade almond milk, honey, blueberries and lavender.
- Blueberry and Yogurt Popsicles – thick Greek yogurt and fresh blueberry compote.
- Strawberry and Lemonade Popsicles – because summer needs homemade lemonade and all seasons need strawberries.
- Watermelon Frozen Fruit Popsicles – easy popsicles with fresh watermelon and a splash of honey.
- Wellness Popsicles – when a sore throat or cough need comfort and a kick of ginger, chili peppers, honey and sometimes a little booze.
- Brewed Coffee – a favorite blend of coffee works best for this recipe. In my later years of life, I have switched to a blend called ‘Half the Caffe’ less caffeine yet robust in flavor. Just make sure to brew the coffee strong for these popsicles.
- Cacao – raw cacao powder or cocoa
- Sweetener of choice – sugar, agave, stevia even crushed dates.
- Salt – just a pinch because salt makes sweets, sweeter.
- Milk of choice – milk, these days, is really a matter of personal preference. Full fat dairy is going to make these popsicles creamier, but so will full fat coconut milk. For a lighter texture from the milk, homemade almond milk adds a healthier twist to this already scrumptious popsicle.
- Melted chocolate – optional for a final drizzle
- Popsicle mold
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Large pourable bowl, or pitcher
MOCHA LATTE POPSICLES
- Coffee pot
- Popsicle mold with sticks
- 2 cups Coffee strongly brewed
- 2 tbsp Cacao
- 2 tbsp Sweetener of choice sugar, crushed dates, agave
- pinch Salt
- 1 cup Milk of choice Dairy, Coconut, Almond
- 2 tbsp Chocolate (optional) melted
- Whisk the hot coffee cacao, sweetener, salt and milk together until the cacao blends into the milk completely. Cool completely.
- Pour into the popsicle trays, place sticks in and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, remove and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, drizzle a little melted chocolate across the popsicles, while they lay on a frozen tray, for an added measure of chocolate, set back into the freezer for 5-minutes. Serve.