This dinner for one, skirt steak seared with smoked salt and smoked pepper is done in under 10-minutes.
Easy Skirt Steak
Skirt steak is among the better tasting cuts of beef simply because of the fat marbling and the grain of the steak.
Hanger steak or flank steak can also be used in this recipe for about the same delicious results.
Fast easy meals have always been easy for me since I have a large family and often not much time to cook.
This skirt steak dinner is the perfect dinner for healthy dinning alone. Prepping the rub is easy and the best thing you can do to tenderize your steak is to let it sit out an hour before cooking it.
When I lived in Brazil, a country that has more cows than people, I learned the trick of leaving meat out to sit (often very hot), for about an hour before tossing the heavily salted meat onto a fiery hot pan or grill. Best beef ever no matter the cut.
Easy Dinner With Steak
Who doesn’t love steak, potato and greens if you are a meat lover! The easy recipe for these two accompaniments to the steak, are easy to do while the steak is sitting out.
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, oven fried in a 425-450 degree oven tossed in salt and rosemary
- Green Bean Bundles – an easy to prep way in advance, in fact I prep these and freeze them in the bundles so they just get popped into a pan and are done in under 10-minutes.
- Skirt Steak
- Coarse salt
- Smoked pepper flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Cast iron pan or griddle
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Plate or pan for steak to season and rest
- Stovetop or burner
Easy Skirt Steak Dinner
- Skirt steak – 3/4 lb
- Coarse salt – 1/2 tsp, smoked is great
- Smoked pepper flakes – 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Slice the steak at an angle, against the grain.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt, smoked pepper flakes and paprika. Let it sit out an hour before cooking.
- Heat a cast iron pan or griddle. Drizzle olive oil and place the butter in the hot pan and place the steak into the pan. 5-minutes on one side, turn it over and 3-5 minutes on the other side, depending how thick or how well done you would like it. Remove and serve.