This Easy Skirt Steak Dinner For One, with smoked salt and smoked pepper, oven fries and greens, is done in under 10-minutes.
Easy Skirt Steak For One
Skirt steak is among the better tasting cuts of beef simply because of the fat marbling and the grain of the steak.
Hanger steak or flank steak can also be used in this recipe for about the same delicious results.
The great thing about cuts of beef, such as these, is that they are often the most affordable cuts of beef steak cuts, and they are easy to purchase and cook for one.
Dinner For One
A busy lifestyle, solo, still needs easy and delicious home cooked meals, and I’ve got a few ideas for you!
It all started when I was having a Solo Valentine Day evening and thought of great meals and fun things to do when celebrating an evening home alone.
Everything from succulent Marinated Short Ribs, to a Shrimp and Quinoa Buddha Bowl ended up getting created.
Fast easy meals have always been easy for me since I have a large family and often not much time to cook.
This skirt steak dinner is the perfect dinner for healthy dining alone.
Prepping the rub is easy and the best thing you can do to tenderize your steak is to let it sit out an hour before cooking it.
When I lived in Brazil, a country that has more cows than people, I learned the trick of leaving meat out to sit (often very hot), for about an hour before cooking.
Then, tossing the heavily salted meat onto a fiery hot pan or grill. Best beef ever, no matter the cut.
Easy Dinner With Steak
Who doesn’t love steak, potato and greens if you are a meat lover!
The easy recipe for these two accompaniments to the steak, are easy to do while the steak is sitting out.
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, oven fried in a 425-450 degree oven tossed in salt and rosemary
- Green Bean Bundles – an easy to prep way in advance, in fact I prep these and freeze them in the bundles so they just get popped into a pan and are done in under 10-minutes.
- Skirt Steak
- Coarse salt
- Smoked pepper flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Cast iron pan or griddle – the heat of a cast iron griddle will give you similar results as the heat and grate of your grill.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Plate or pan for steak to season and rest
- Stovetop or burner
Easy Skirt Steak Dinner For One
- cast iron griddle pan
- 3/4 lb Skirt steak
- 1/2 tsp Coarse salt smoked is great
- 1 tsp Smoked pepper flakes
- pinch Smoked paprika – 1/4 tsp homemade
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Slice the steak at an angle, against the grain.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt, smoked pepper flakes and paprika. Let it sit out an hour before cooking.
- Heat a cast iron pan or griddle until a sprinkle of water sizzles on it. Drizzle olive oil and place the butter in the hot pan and place the steak into the pan 5-minutes on one side, turn it over and about 3-minutes on the other side, depending how thick or how well done you would like it. Remove, rest and serve.