I created this delicious cornbread recipe to go in my Halloween Skull Mold but they are so darn delicious you will want to make these all year, in a muffin tin, loaf pan or sheet tray. These will be served on Halloween night for our family, with a huge cauldron of Chili!
- 12 oz package of Pepper Bacon – cooked and crumbled
- Whole milk – 2 cups with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or you can simply use 2 cups of buttermilk
- Eggs – 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- Butter – 2 sticks (16 oz) melted and cooled
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cornmeal – 2 cups
- Flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Grated Cheese – 3/4 cup, (optional)
Folding in Bacon:
Preparation – Preheat oven to 375 – Non-stick spray mold/tins and lightly dust with cornmeal
In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and milk that has sat a few minutes with lemon juice. While whisking, slowly pour in melted butter. Whisk in remaining dry ingredients. Fold in bacon and cheese (if using). Fill tins 3/4 full and bake for about 25 minutes or until done. Cool and then pop out of cooking tins.