Salmon is my most favorite fish. It is fatty enough to have lots of flavor, dense enough not to fall apart when cooking and can be prepared a gazillion ways!
Throughout the summer months I grow many veggies in my garden for a salad and so searing a lightly crusted salmon in a hot iron pan and serving it over a medley of my favorite salad ingredients is something I could eat every day!
This salad has the combination of fat, salt, sweet, crunch and acid to make for the PERFECT SALAD! Even those man-size appetites will be satisfied and ask for it often.
I’ll give it to you in 2 parts. Serves 2
- Salmon Filets – 2 – 6 ounce slices
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Herb de Provence – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Place the flour, salt and herbs in a baggie or bowl and mix it up. Toss the salmon in the mix until well coated. Heat the oil and butter in a hot pan and sear both sides quickly (about 1/2 minute per side), cover, lower and cook on medium/low for 12 minutes.
- Lettuce, Arugula, Spinach or your favorite salad greens – 3 cups
- Apple – 1 apple cut into half inch cubes
- Feta – 2 ounces, cut into cubes
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Raisins – 1/4 cup
- Fresh herbs – 2 tablespoons, chopped
- Orange zest – 1 tablespoon, freshly zested
- Lemon Thyme Dressing – 3 tablespoons
In a bowl toss greens, apple, walnuts, raisins and fresh herbs with Lemon Thyme Salad Dressing. Divide between 2 large plates. Place feta on top. Salmon on top and orange zest across the top. Serve!