I can’t think of a more delicious way to enjoy spring veggies than on a PIZZA!! Primavera, in Italian simply means ‘spring’.
Look at all the beautiful asparagus and juicy cherry tomatoes popping up everywhere. And those herbs… Oh My Goodness the herbs! Oregano lasted all winter in my greenhouse, as did the rosemary, and so today I am going to share with you my favorite spring pizza. It is easy and Oh – So – Delicious.
There are two parts to making this pizza: the dough and slicing the toppings. You can buy pizza dough all ready to roll out which makes this a fast and easier pizza or you could go all out and give yourself an extra hour to whip up my pizza dough and have yourself an extraordinary pizza!
Ingredients – Makes one big pizza
- Pizza Dough – My recipe or store bought. Rolled out and placed on a pizza pan
- Asparagus – 1 bundle, stalks peeled (makes for a tender asparagus)
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1 cup, sliced in half
- Onions – 1/2 cup sliced in thin slivers
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon, smashed
- Olives – 1/2 cup, chopped (optional)
- Fresh Herbs – 1/2 cup – oregano, basil, rosemary or your favorite
- Cheese – 3/4 cup of your favorite, mine is always sheep cheeses!
Preheat Oven to 400
Arrange the ingredients on top of the rolled-out pizza dough. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake 18 minutes and Enjoy!