Nothing tastes more like summer than CORN! Roasted on the grill or steamed in their husks, corn is delicious all ways. An easy way to enjoy a large helping of sweet corn is in a salad; perfect for poolside lunch, picnics, or backyard dining!
The sweet juicy corn, the acidity of tomatoes, the meaty flavor of black beans, all drizzled with lime, olive oil and cilantro created a beautiful contrast of flavors and textures. Easy to make ahead and simply drizzle the dressing just before serving.
This Corn Salad will fast become your favorite!
- Corn – 3 cups, preferably freshly cut from the cob
- Black beans – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 1 1/2 cups, chopped into bite size pieces
- Celery – 1 cup, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Spring onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Cilantro – 1 cup, finely chopped, saving a few bundles for garnish
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the lime juice and olive oil. When ready to serve, whisk the lime juice and oil together and gently fold it into the salad and serve. Taste great the next day as well!