A simple pie crust can be made with a fork or a food processor, and there is nothing better than homemade pie crusts! They are really not much different that making cookies. Here is one of my go-to crusts that I simply change the spice flavor depending on what is going to get baked inside. This one has ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and brown sugar but you can simply use sugar and leave out the spice.
- Butter – 1 stick, cold
- Flour – 2 cups to 2 ½ cups
- Brown Sugar – 1 heaping tablespoon
- Egg – 1 egg, mixed before adding
- Spices – 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon cloves, pinch of white pepper OR simply use 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (Make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice!)
- Cold Water – 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together and no longer sticky
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix until it comes together, or place in a bowl, and work the dough with a fork until it comes together.
- Roll out onto a floured surface and use as you desire!