Having gone to see the new Christopher Robin film with my grown daughter, her request, I was reminded just how much I adored Winnie the Pooh! The numerous scenes in the film of honey oozing and dripping from here and there tantalized my appetite to make these Honey Cakes. My little dedication to Pooh Bear!
These yummy honey cakes are so easy to make and can be made in a cupcake tin or other decorative baking tins. I found these adorable Beehive tins for my little cakes. I am certain Pooh would approve!
Makes 6 large cupcakes or 1 small cake
- Flour – 2 ¾ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Butter – 1 cup softened
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Honey – ½ cup plus ¼ cup for final drizzle
- Eggs – 4
- Lemon extract – ½ teaspoon
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon, plus 2 tablespoons for drizzle
Preheat oven 325
- Grease and flour baking tins.
- Mix flour, powder, soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and honey. Slowly add one egg at a time.
- Gently mix in milk, juice, and extract.
- Divide the batter between the tins, filling ¾ of the tin.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix honey and lemon for drizzle and set aside.
- Cool cakes 15 minutes in tins, then invert onto cooling rack.
- Drizzle honey lemon mixture and let cool completely before serving.