Every afternoon, throughout the summer, I find myself looking for something icy cold, with just a little kick, and of course… healthy!
These Almond Popsicles have become my summer afternoon treat. Lots of crushed almonds, a few dates to sweeten, (instead of sugar) a splash of espresso, and what-the-heck, throw in a scoop of cacao! Freeze these sweeties and you’ve got yourself the best afternoon treat all summer!
Makes 8 large
- Whole Almonds – 1 cup, soaked in 3 cups of water for an hour
- Dates – 5 (pitted)
- Espresso – ¼ cup, strongly brewed
- Cacao – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Chocolate chips – ½ cup (optional)
- Popsicle molds
- After the almonds have soaked in water for one hour, place the water and the almonds into the blender. Add remainder ingredients and puree until liquified.
- Transfer mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours or over night
- Store in the freezer in the popsicle molds or remove from the mold and store in a zip baggie for quick access!
- If you are choosing the addition of chocolate, (and why wouldn’t you!) after pops are frozen and removed from their molds, simply melt chocolate chips, and with a fork drizzle quickly across the pops and store in the freezer until already to serve.