I believe my favorite part of summer food is all the fresh vegetables that concoct into the most amazing salads! This Greek salad, or side dish, is a staple in my home all summer long. I grew up eating it with my meats the way many Americans put ketchup on their meats. Hah! Mine is definitely better!!
Make up a batch and keep it in the fridge for a few days. Have it on your kabobs, grilled chicken, roasted eggplant, lamb, or veggie kabobs. The way I always ate it was on my Kibbee, a Syrian/Lebanese meat dish made up of ground lamb, and other yummy things.
- Greek Yogurt – 2 cups, whole milk Greek yogurt
- Cucumber – 1 ½ cups skin-on, cubed
- Mint – 2 tablespoons, fresh chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Simply mix the prepared ingredients together, and store in an airtight container in the fridge!