Winter colds. Spring Allergies. Throat in need of relief? Got just the thing for you!
There are lots of reasons our throat feels out-of-sorts, and homemade remedies are far more effective than anything you can buy. This soothing throat tonic will last 2 weeks in the fridge and be ready to add to a shot of whiskey, or simply a hot tea.
Makes about one cup
- Lemon – 1 to 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Fresh Ginger – large enough to get 6 to 8 thin slices out of
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 6 to 8 leaves
- Honey – ¼ cup
- Whiskey – (optional) 1 shot per helping
- Mason Jar with air tight lid
Layer the lemons and ginger slices in the jar, placing a mint leaf between the layers. Pour the honey over the top of the layers. Place lid on tight. Give a shake. Place in fridge for at least an hour. Give a shake again, as the juices will all begin to marinate.
When ready to use, add a shot of tonic and a shot of whiskey in a glass and sip. Or 1 tablespoon of tonic to a cup of hot water to make a tea.