Yesterday’s shakes are now called Smoothies, and wow are they fantastic! The perfect breakfast, lunch, or after-school snack for children. You would be amazed at what you can hide in them.
This one was made just for my granddaughter, Rebecca. She loves strawberries, and so with a few other yummy things in her smoothie, I was able to wow her with her very own Kids Smoothie.
Here’s to you, Rebecca!
- Cashew milk – 1 ½ cups, or any other milk of your choice
- Strawberries – 1 cup, chopped, fresh or frozen
- Mint – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Pineapple – 1/2 cup, cut into chunks, fresh or frozen
- Mango – 1/2 cup, cut into chunks, fresh or frozen
- Ice – 1/2 cup, (optional)
Simply toss all the ingredients into a blender, and puree until smooth!
In this smoothie the cashew milk has a healthy level of protein for kids, but you can always throw a few nuts into the mix if you use whole milk. If the fruits are frozen, it makes for a thicker smoothie, but if they are all fresh, you can always place a few ice cubes in the mix for a smoothie that is both cold and thick!
LOVE this blender. Comes with extra cups, so smoothies can be waiting in the fridge when kids arrive home from school!