If a guy were to enjoy a favored meal alone, on a cold winter night, chances are this would be one of his top choices. And, only 5 ingredients!
It’s okay that men often prefer meat, while us gals like something on the lighter side.
Guys… this one’s for you!
- Beef Short Ribs – about 6
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Fingerling Potatoes – about 8, sliced lengthwise
- Barbeque sauce – 1 ½ cups, this is the tricky part. Homemade is best, though there are several boutique small batch companies making killer sauce. I selected Rufus Teague, with whiskey, maple syrup, a variety of peppers, and spices.
- Green Beans – a handful, leave long
- Salt and peppers to taste
Preheat oven to 425
In a heavy pot (preferably cast iron) that has a lid (or you can use foil), drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on the bottom, and layer half of the sliced onions on the bottom. Layer the ribs next, with remaining onions on top. Salt and pepper. Add remaining sauce and toss a bit.
Place in the oven for 10 minutes uncovered. Lower to 350, cover, and cook for an hour.
Meanwhile, in a pot on top of the stove, place potatoes with just enough water to barely cover. Add a little salt, cover, and bring to a boil. Once it boils, lower and simmer about 10 minutes until potatoes begin to soften, but still feel firm. Toss green beans in, cover, and remove from heat.
When the meat is finished cooking, open the lid, place potatoes and green beans in, and give a toss to cover with the yummy juices in the pan. Cover. Leave to sit in turned-off oven for about 10 minutes.
A fabulous dinner for one is now ready!