Cucumbers. The often-forgotten vegetable. Well, think again! The cool refreshing flavor of Tzatziki comes to the aid of spicy food, calms the tummy after a heavy meal, and makes for a perfect tapas dish for any cuisine you have scattered across a Tapas spread.
Fast, easy, and oh so yummy!
Makes 2 cups
- Cucumber – 2 cups, skin on, thinly sliced, and quartered
- Lemon juice and zest – from 1 lemon
- Thick Greek Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Fresh Mint – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- Kosher or Smoked Salt – to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve. Can be made in advance but, wait to add the mint just before serving. Garlic or raw onions can also be added as an option.