I’m a sunshine kinda gal. I never felt healthier than when I lived in Brazil and ate tropical fruits and veggies every day, that is, until I was back here in the states, in the dead of winter, when I experimented with fresh tropical fruits and veggies from the freezer section of my market!
I found the perfect daily intake of sunshine from the Smoothie Bowls I now eat every morning.
In the dead of winter, or on a bright spring day, we still want a healthy choice to start our day. Add your favorite protein powder. Toppings of your choice, and you are sure to stay true to your healthy New Year’s resolutions… all year long!
Makes 2 large or 4 small bowls
- Dole’s Frozen medley of fruits and veggies – 16 ounce bag
- Nut milk, regular milk, or water – 1 cup
- Protein powder of your choice – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Turmeric Root – 1 tablespoon, or 1 teaspoon powdered
- Chia seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Orange juice or lime – ¼ cup
- Toppings of your choice – Here I used coconut flakes, cashews, and orange zest
- In a blender, place all ingredients, except toppings, and blend until pureed, thick, and creamy.
- Place in your favorite breakfast bowl, and add toppings
- If you have excess, simply store in the fridge, add a few ice cubes the next day, and puree again.