Who needs a holiday to enjoy a great martini! Well, if you do, this one is perfect for Valentines Day. The ruby red color, yet refreshing flavors make this a winter cocktail to sip on all night long!!
While I am most comfortable popping the cork on a bottle of wine or champagne, I really know very little about mixing cocktails. I have invited a very talented mixologist, who also happens to be a wedding planner, to show us how this drink comes together. You will NOT want to miss the video!
In this martini, which calls for cranberry juice as well as pomegranate juice, I took a package of cranberries, with several cups of water, and boiled the fruit down soft enough to puree and strain the fresh juices from the berry. Store bought works just fine as well.
- Pomegranate Vodka – 4 shots
- Cranberry juice – 3 shots
- Pomegranate juice – 1 shot
- Lime juice – from 1 lime
- Rosemary sprigs and whole cranberries – 1 sprig per glass with 2 berries per sprig
- Shaker – preferably
- Fill the shaker half full with ice
- Add vodka, and both juices. Place lid on and give a good shake.
- Pour into martini glasses, and squeeze half a lime in each glass
- For garnish, simply stick the bottom end of the rosemary sprig through 2 cranberries and lay garnish across the drink