Part of the food and dining experience, is about the drink! And while I can pop the cork on my favorite bottle of wine, I know nothing about cocktails. I have invited my favorite mixologist, who happens to be a wedding planner as well, to show me some of the favored drinks for this time of year.
First up will be her Winter Sangria. It is dark, spicy, and refreshing. Easy to make, and too easy to drink!
In this cocktail, a Cinnamon Infused Cider was created as part of the ingredients. You can find the quick recipe for this spicy addition to the cocktail, in our collection.
- Merlot – or any dark red wine, 2 cups
- Cinnamon Infused Cider – ¾ cup
- Apples – 1 cup of thinly sliced red or green apples
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
- Orange slices – for garnish
- Cinnamon stick – for garnish
- A tall pitcher for mixing
Simply mix wine, cider, apples, and pomegranate seeds in a tall pitcher. Pour over ice in a tall wine glass, and garnish with an orange slice and a stick of cinnamon.