Bread is a staple of life. But, what would we call it if we were to add an array of ingredients to our bread dough? A FEAST!
I am delighted to share with you, one of my favorite things to eat. Olive Bread.
Add a few bottles of wine, artisan cheeses and meats, grapes, and I’d say we have ourselves the makings of a perfect evening!
Yields 1 large loaf or 2 medium
- Yeast – 2 teaspoons
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 ½ cups room temperature
- Salt and Pepper – as you like
- Rosemary – 1 tablespoon freshly chopped
- Grated Cheese – ½ cup
- Olives – 1 cup, chopped
- Olive Oil – ¼ cup
- Flour – 4 to 5 cups
- Egg wash – 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse salt – sprinkled on top
- Place the yeast, sugar, and water in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, rosemary, cheese, olives and olive oil. Mix. Slowly blend in flour.
- Oil a clean bowl, and place the dough in the bowl, cover, and let rise till double in size. About one hour.
- Punch down, and shape into a bread log, place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle course sea salt.
- Place in a preheated 400 degrees oven.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes until top is golden.