While there are many ways to use the meat that has been cooked from a whole chicken, an easy, light, all-time favorite will quickly become the Greek Chicken-Salad Lettuce Wrap!
This delicious chicken salad has all the ingredients found in a Greek salad, with the addition of chicken!
Romaine lettuce or Iceberg lettuce can be used, but I prefer the delicate flavor, yet sturdy structure of Boston Bibb Lettuce, or Butter Bibb, as it is also called.
In this recipe, I have used the dark meat of a whole chicken, taken from our “Whole Chicken 3 Ways” story, but you can also purchase any part of a chicken you prefer, bake it, or boil it for this recipe. Left-over chicken works just as well too.
– Chicken – 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
– Lettuce leaves – 4 nice large leaves
– Cucumber – 1 cup, cut into ½ inch cubes
– Plain Greek Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
– Black Olives – ¼ cup, quartered
– Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
– Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
– Salt/Pepper to taste
– Oregano – 1 teaspoon dried, plus fresh sprigs for garnish (optional)
– Feta – 2 tablespoons, crumbled to place on top of the wrap, once assembled
In a bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add chicken, cucumber, olives and spices. Mix well so that all ingredients are moist. Place filling in the lettuce leaf, taco style. Place feta across the top, and you are ready to serve.
A side order of fries would be lovely!!