Soup is always a good idea for a “One Pot Dinner”! Everything needed for a complete meal is tossed into a soup. For this Italian Chicken Soup recipe, I have served it with grated cheese and a loaf of Homemade Bread, (found in my recipe collection) What a PERFECT Meal!
– Chicken Pieces – scrap parts from our Whole Chicken 3 Ways recipe
– Pasta – 2 cups of cooked pasta
– Green beans – 2 cups, chopped into one inch pieces
– Heirloom mini tomatoes – 1 ½ cups, cubed
– Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
– Basil – 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Grated cheese – enough to sprinkle when served
– Olive oil – 1 tablespoon to saute veggies
– Lemon juice – ½ lemon, squeezed for veggies
– Chicken Broth – 6-8 cups
The chicken broth has already been prepared. The chicken has already been prepared and cut into bite-size pieces. The pasta has already been cooked. Let’s prep the veggies and assemble!
In a saucepan, add olive oil, lemon juice, green beans, and tomatoes. Saute high and fast. As soon as the green beans begin to take on a brighter green, take it off the heat, toss and leave opened to cool. We want the veggies briefly cooked but to retain their color and crunch.
Warm the broth when ready to serve. Add chicken and pasta. Let it get hot but do not boil, remember that everything is cooked.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and serve!
Sprinkle cheese and a few uncooked basil leaves on top! Fast and easy because you prepped everything earlier in the week!
And be certain to serve with a crusty slice of OLIVE BREAD!