I can’t think of anything more luscious as an accompaniment to a Charcuterie, Pizza, Sandwich, or simply pureed as a Dip, than Roasted Marinated Peppers!
Red peppers are sweet and juicy, and if you like just a touch of heat, roast a chili peppers along with it and add it to the marinade. Yum!
Yields 2 cups
- Red peppers – 8
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – ¼ cup
- Brown paper bag
- Place the peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Place the hot peppers into the paper bag and close it tight for about 30 minutes. This will create a steam and make the skins easy to peel off.
- Gently open the peppers after they have cooled.
- Remove the seeds.
- Peel off the skin, (it should come of easily).
- Slice into strips.
- Place the marinade ingredients into the bowl of sliced peppers. Toss gently.
- Your luscious peppers are now ready for EVERYTHING!