While crab meat can have a mild, sweet flavor, it also pairs beautifully with any flavor joined with it. I have never been a fan of mayonnaise or cream with crab, simply because for me… it overpowers and takes away from crab’s gentle texture. And so, if you are a crab lover and would also like to ditch the mayo, you are sure to love this crab salad!
– Crab meat – 8 ounces
– Pistachios – ½ cup rough chopped, the salt and pepper brand
– Red Chili Pepper – just a pinch, if you are not using the pepper roasted pistachios
– Pomegranate Seeds – ½ cup
– Pea Shoots – ½ cup of mostly leaf tips and enough whole shoots for the bed under the shells
– Carrots – ¾ cup, shredded and then chopped to confetti
– Chives – ¼ cup chopped to confetti
– Pasta Shells – 12 large cooked shells
– Pomegranate Sumac Dressing – (recipe is in our collection)
Toss shells in enough dressing to coat them so they don’t stick together, and to flavor the shells before filling.
Gently mix the crab, nuts, pomegranate seeds, shoots, carrots, and chives. Add enough dressing to the mix, without becoming too wet. Gently fill the shells with the crab filling. Place whole pea shoots on a plate. Display the stuffed shells on top of the shoots. Drizzle a very little amount of dressing across the plate, or a little pomegranate molasses from the dressing recipe.
YOU, have made yourself a Beautiful, Refreshingly Delicious Dish!