Every afternoon throughout the lazy days of summer, I find myself looking for a little Caffeine Kiss to finish out my workday. And so, I created a little something to “Kiss the Spot”!
A perfectly brewed cup of coffee, nutrient rich raw cacao, something to sweeten the pot, and a heavy dose of coconut milk: YUM!
Makes 6 large popsicles
– Coffee – 1 cup of freshly brewed
– Cacao – (or cocoa) 2 Tablespoons
– Sugar – 2 Tablespoons, (or stevia as you like)
– Salt – ¼ Teaspoon, because salt makes sweet sweeter
– Coconut Milk – 2 cups (or any milk or cream you like)
– Popsicle Trays – most hold about ½ cup of liquid, but adjust the recipe for your trays, or simply drink what might be left over.
*Calorie Killers – Use Almond milk (60 calories a cup) and 10 drops of stevia, and you have yourself a yummy treat for under 30 calories!!
In a saucepan, heat the coffee so that it is hot enough to dissolve the sugar, cacao, and salt. Remove from stove, and pour in milk. Whisk to blend ingredients. Cool. Pour into popsicle trays, and freeze for about 4 hours. When ready to eat, run under warm water, and slide popsicles out from their casing. ENJOY!